Texas Youth Hunting

Why do you think that TYHP requires Hunter Education?

Why do you think that TYHP requires Hunter Education?

Do you think it should be a requirement?

Is it important?

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So that all hunters posses at least the basic knowledge regarding laws and safety. Absolutely. I would even consider that the Bow Hunter class be a requirment as well. I was grandfathered but still went to both classes. I think it is a very valuable tool.
I agree with Chip. Hunters need at least a basic understanding of hunting and safety. I don't think I would be comfortable in the field with a young , inexperienced hunter if he/she had not taken the class. Wish there were more bowhunter ed classes. The only one that I could find for my son was a 2 hour drive.
My 11 year old son just completed the safety course and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I don't think you can stress safety too much.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Join Us On Facebook

Latest Activity

Linda Montgomery Klecka and Duane Balusek are now friends
Feb 9
Richard Wilfong left a comment for Richard Wilfong
"Super Hunt 10 was an awesome experience!  Over the weekend of January 18-20, 2013, I had a chance to catch up with fellas I had met at HM training and at the Ellis Llano hunt last month (Doug, Will, Allen H., Mike S., Oscar,…"
Jan 22, 2013
Richard Wilfong left a comment for Richard Wilfong
"Had the opportunity to "work" the Ellis Llano Ranch hunt December 14-16, 2012; it was a great time with great people.  Thanks to eveybody at the "party" and thanks to Steve for hosting us the whole weekend!"
Dec 31, 2012
Jose Urias and Mauro Barrera 3rd are now friends
Dec 5, 2012

© 2014   Created by OutdoorMediaServices.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service